Class Details: Introduction to Dog Sports
5-Weeks of FUN to introduce the fun of a dog sport. This class will mentally challenge you and your dog.
This 5-week class is highly recommended for folks new to any dog sport scene. We want all our students to get all they can out of their interactions with their dog. Dog sports are FUN and this class is designed to prepare owners for navigating and controllying their dog in any sport class. It also teaches you more fun things to do with your dog at home ... mentally stimulating them with fun games as well as physically challenging them. Sport classes are generally more stimulating then average dog training classes and so the types of things you will learn over and above learning new sporty activities are:
- Learn the class room etiquette to thrive in a sport class environment
- Learn tricks for moving dogs in a focused, fun way from one place to another
- Learn how to get and keep your dogs attention on you, instead of the other dogs
- Work on happy crate training techniques to make you and your dog more comfortable as well enhancing skills for getting in and out of the crates
- Learn how being a team player in the class can enhance your experience and learning
The sports that we review are: Agility - Treibball (Urban Herding) - Scent (The Nose Knows)
Instructors: Gail Hubbard
New Class Start Date: Tuesday, July 14th (No class on August 4th)
Target End Date: Tuesday, August 18
Time: 10:30am - 11:30am
Location: A Good Dog's Life Training Center, 33 Hidden Acres Drive, Asheville, NC 28806
What to Bring: Bring what motivates your dog (toy and small, soft food treats) and your enthusiasm!
Interested? Simply click the "Sign Up Now" bottom below.