This class builds upon level 2 offering extensions to the learning environment by meeting in different locations in and around Buncombe County. We focus on the CGC test from Level-2 and the CGCU test items below. At times people take this class several times.
AKC URBAN CGC TEST ITEMS
1) Exit/enter doorways with no pulling in dog-friendly buildings.
2) Walk through a crowd on a busy urban sidewalk.
3) Appropriate reaction to city distractions. This includes movement, noises, and walking on a variety of surfaces.
4) Crossing street: Stop at corner, stand or sit to wait and cross with no pulling.
5) Ignore food on sidewalk.
6) Approaching a person walking up to greet and pet your dog.
7) Public building control: Walks under control in building. Down stay in lobby or outdoor area while you are there.
8) Stairs, steps, or elevator control.
9) Housetrained for apartment, condo, and also in public buildings, or have observed in training classes.
10) Transportation control.
To pass the CGCU test dogs must pass all 10 items of the test. For more information go to the AKC website.
Prerequisite: If you are not coming from a K9 Manners Level 1 or 2 class, a private lesson must be scheduled [$80] to enter into this class.
Class Details: K9 Manners - Level 3 (UCGC Prep)
5-Weeks of FUN (We meet at different places each week)
New Class Start Date: TBA
Target End Date: TBA
Locations: i.e.Outlet Mall (Field & Stream) / Carrier Park / Lake Julian / Sweeten Creek Brewery / Downtown Asheville (Pack's Tavern) / Home Depot or Lowes
Bad Weather Days: AGDL Training Center
What to Bring: Bring what motivates your dog (toy and small, soft food treats) and your enthusiasm!